17 Kid-Friendly Eco Tips
There are countless ways to go Zero Waste with kids.
- Use cloth diapers.
- Pack litter-less lunches.
- Walk, bike, or take public transportation when possible.
- Visit farms and farmers’ markets to shop for local, seasonal food.
- Take your children to refill/bulk stores with you.
- Cook and bake from scratch with your kids.
- Get the kids involved in recycling and composting.
- Bring on-the-go reusables: cutlery, napkins, travel mugs, water bottles (or sippy cups), and a soapy cloth in a wet-dry bag.
- Repair clothing, and teach your children how to mend.
- Utilize your local library.
- Organize a neighbourhood clothing, book, or toy swap.
- Make DIY products with your kids (such as lip balm, bath bombs, or play dough).
- Shop second-hand.
- Get outside into nature whenever possible.
- Donate to environmental organizations and discuss this with your children.
- Forgo the party balloons and opt for low-waste goodie bags.
- Encourage non-material and experiential gifts.