50 Easy Healthy Dinner Ideas
50 of my favorite easy healthy dinner recipes all in one place! They are life-savers on those busy weeknights. Vegan, vegetarian, chicken, fish, pork and beef. Everything is covered!
Whether you’re re-vamping your diet or just need new easy healthy dinner ideas to keep you on track during the week, this list has something for everyone.
Busy days require healthy dinner ideas that taste good and I get embarrassingly giddy when I come up with a new recipe that takes 30 minutes (give or take 5 minutes) to pull together. That’s right, most of the recipes on this list take just half an hour from start to finish. That’s cause for dinnertime celebrations!
And be sure to check here for more healthy 30-minute meals!
Let’s dive in!
Easy Healthy Dinner Ideas:
I divided these healthy dinner ideas into four categories to make it easier for you to find what you need. Click on the link to hop to the desired section:
- Slow Cooker Bean Soup with Quinoa & Sweet Potatoes – This vegan Slow Cooker Bean Soup with Sweet Potato is such a comforting and easy meal. Just throw everything in the crockpot and walk away!
- Thai Veggie Naan Bread Pizza Recipe – Naan bread pizza is favorite around here, and this Thai Veggie version (hello, peanut sauce!) knocks it out of the park with flavor.
- Slow Cooker Italian Chickpeas – Pull out the crockpot for a batch of these vegan Slow Cooker Italian Chickpeas. Mix in some extra vegetables if you’d like and serve over rice or quinoa.
- Instant Pot Black Beans & Rice with Avocado Salsa – This is a great recipe that utilizes pantry staples – all in one pot. The bright avocado salsa adds a fantastic layer of freshness.
- Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Skillet Meal – In 30 minutes, this healthy vegetarian spaghetti squash recipe can be on the table. It’s packed with mushrooms and chickpeas, and tossed with marinara sauce.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Barley Soup – Just throw everything in the crockpot and walk away! Healthy, delicious and packed with nutrients.This is one of the most popular soups on the site.
- 15-Minute Wonton Soup – This 15-Minute Wonton Soup is made for busy weeknights! Wonton soup is always a hit with my family & I love that this recipe is loaded with veggies.
- Red Lentil Dal Recipe – Make a big batch of this vegan Red Lentil Dal in your Instant Pot and enjoy it for meatless lunches and dinners the rest of the week. So easy to make!
- Vegan Instant Pot Mushroom Soup – This Vegan Instant Pot Mushroom Soup cooks up in no time, and is wonderfully creamy (but dairy free) and flavorful.
- Vegan Hummus Avocado Sandwich – This is the veggie hummus avocado sandwich that I make day after day! Stacked with veggies, this vegan lunch is a tasty powerhouse of nutrients.
- Vegetarian Cauliflower Rice Skillet Meal – There’s so much goodness in this easy Vegetarian Cauliflower Rice Skillet Meal! One-pot dinners are lifesavers on busy weeknights and this one is no exception.
- Broccoli Cheddar Quiche (Crustless) – Breakfast, lunch or dinner – this crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is so packed with flavor that it’s hard to believe it’s light and healthy.
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sweet Potato – This is one of the first recipes I ever made in the Instant Pot and it’s still one of my favorites.
- Butternut Squash Stew with Quinoa & Beans – It doesn’t get anymore comforting than a bowl of hearty vegan butternut squash stew! With quinoa and beans, this is a fantastic plant-based meal that comes together so easily.
- Thai Chicken Salad – This Thai Chicken Salad recipe is always the star of the show whenever it’s served at our table. This easy, healthy salad come together in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Indian-Inspired Ground Turkey Shepherd’s Pie – Flavorful and comforting! This Indian-Inspired Ground Turkey Shepherd’s Pie is from the new Skinnytaste Meal Prep cookbook. Rich in flavor and low in calories.
- Ground Turkey Enchilada Skillet Meal – This one-pot Ground Turkey Enchilada Skillet Meal got rave reviews all around from my family. We make this at least once a month.
- Chicken and Rice Soup (Instant Pot) – So many of you have made this recipe & told me how much you love it, which makes me dance with joy. It’s a regular on our dinner menu.
- Chicken Pesto Artichoke Naan Pizza – 20 minute meal! I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made this naan pizza recipe. Chicken, pesto and artichokes add plenty of flavor!
- Chicken Wonton Stir Fry – This 30-minute chicken wonton stir fry uses store-bought wontons and a quick homemade stir fry sauce. It’s packed with veggies and flavor!
- Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – This 20 minute meal is one of the most popular on my site! These stuffed sweet potatoes are a fantastic option when you need a quick dinner recipe.
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew with Farro – Dig into this Instant Pot Chicken Stew with Farro for a dose of whole grains and lean protein. Stovetop instructions included.
- Pesto Turkey Tortellini Soup – My family LOVES this Pesto Turkey Tortellini Soup recipe! And really, you can never have enough 30 minute recipes in your arsenal.
- Healthy White Chicken Chili – This hearty and healthy white chicken chili is packed with corns, beans and tons of flavor. It also happens to be dairy-free and gluten-free.
- Turkey Cranberry Wrap Sandwich – Leftover turkey or chicken cranberry sandwich, wrap-style! Cranberry sauce, cream cheese and tons of veggies make this easy sandwich both tasty and healthy.
- Honey Garlic Baked Turkey Meatballs – Who can resist a plateful of Honey Garlic Baked Turkey Meatballs?! Great as appetizers or served over rice as an easy dinner.
- Korean Glass Noodles (Japchae) – If you’ve never tried Korean glass noodles, now’s the time! This sweet potato noodle recipe, called Japchae, is filled with chicken, vegetables & tons of flavor!
- One-Pot Chicken, Quinoa & Mushroom Recipe – In this easy one-pot chicken recipe, chicken, quinoa, mushrooms and spinach nestle together for a healthy meal with minimal clean-up.
- Pesto Turkey Stuffed Shells – This pesto turkey stuffed shells recipe is lightened up with one of my favorite baked pasta tricks. They were an immediate hit with my whole family!
- Braised Herb Balsamic Chicken – I’ve been making this Braised Herb Balsamic Chicken recipe for years and it’s one of my family’s favorite weekday meals.
- Parmesan Crusted Salmon – Parmesan Crusted Salmon is one of the easiest weeknight meals you can throw together! Serve it up with a side of rice and some steamed veggies or a salad.
- Poached Fish in Easy Tomato Sauce – Poached fish is one of the easiest healthy weeknight recipes you can make, and it gets even better when simmered in a quick homemade tomato sauce.
- Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice – This is the dish that my eldest son request for his birthday meal. Ditch the takeout and serve up a batch of this 30-minute low carb Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice!
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon with Cabbage – Baked teriyaki salmon in under 30 minutes! This easy and lower sugar teriyaki recipe is served over a delicious, ginger and garlic-flavored cabbage stir-fry.
- Salmon Tostadas with Guacamole – Another 20 minute meal! My family LOVED these Salmon Tostadas with Guacamole, and they couldn’t be easier to make.
- Seared Ahi Tuna with Soy Ginger Sauce – Seared ahi tuna is one of those recipes that looks really impressive, but is a breeze to make. Restaurant-quality, right from your own kitchen!
- Caprese Potato Salmon Foil Packets – Fantastic for camping or mid-summer meals, these Caprese Potato Salmon Foil Packets are one of our favorite meals. So much flavor in every bite!
- Thai Noodle Soup with Shrimp & Cabbage – A family favorite! This light Thai Noodle Soup recipe has a ton of flavor and comes together in under 25 minutes. Packed with shrimp and vegetables.
- One Pot Orzo with Shrimp & Peas – Healthy comfort food at its best! This One Pot Orzo with Shrimp & Peas comes together in under 30 minutes. Simple and flavorful.
- Tuna Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette – Ditch the mayo and bring this Tuna Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette to the next backyard barbecue or family picnic. A lightened-up classic is always a surefire winner!
- Summertime Salmon Chopped Salad – Dinner salad recipes are a fantastic way to fill your plate with veggies and lean protein. This Summertime Salmon Chopped Salad recipe has all of that, plus tons of flavor!
- Sweet Potato Bison Shepherd’s Pie – A traditional shepherd’s pie recipe gets a makeover, with a twist. Flavorful bison and nutrient packed sweet potatoes make this comfort food irresistibly good.
- Greek Stuffed Peppers with Feta Cheese – You just can’t beat a healthy meal of stuffed peppers, especially when they are filled with classic Greek flavors. I’ve been making this recipe for years and my family still loves it.
- Chinese Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry – Ditch the take-out and whip up this easy and much healthier stir fry at home. If you don’t have broccoli, green beans or bok choy are easy substitutes.
- Herbed Pork Chops with Garlic Butter – One of the most popular recipes on my site! This easy recipe take pork chops to a new level.
- Beef Barley Soup (Instant Pot or Stovetop) – This is a fantastic make-ahead or freezer soup, which makes it perfect for meal prep sessions. Plus, it’s comforting and so tasty!
- Easy Herb Lemon Pork Chops – It doesn’t get any easier than these Herb Lemon Baked Pork Chops. Tender and absolutely delicious – this is the way pork chops are meant to taste.
- Ragu Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – Looking for a low carb dinner recipe? These Ragu Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are a fantastic way to enjoy the taste of your favorite spaghetti meal while cutting back on carbs.
This post was originally published on June 16, 2015 and was updated on January 1, 2021.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.