Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate? This might just be it. This recipe is so simple, tasty and only requires a few ingredients.
It’s the perfect treat to whip up for a loved one this Valentine’s Day – or even better, make for yourself! We are all about self love – so treat yourself, you deserve it!
Time to cook: 20 minutes
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 320°F.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the peanut butter, in a bowl and use a fork or whisk to combine until there are no clumps and mixture is light and bubbly.
- Lightly grease two, small ovenproof bowls. Spoon mixture equally into each bowl.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of peanut butter into the middle of each bowl.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve immediately, with fresh berries and a little extra peanut butter.
When you’re mixing together the ingredients, try and whisk it for at least 5 minutes to incorporate the most air – this way your fondant will be light and fluffy!
This recipe, along with more than 500 other nutritious, simple and delicious recipes, can be found in the JSHealth App – give it a go today!