Healthy Snacks to Satisfy Your Midday Hunger Pangs
Here you’ll find healthy snacks that will satisfy your midday hunger pangs! As a bonus, they’re all super easy (and even fun) to make.
Homemade Energy Balls
1/4 cup cashews
3/4 cup almonds
1 1/2 cup dates
1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tbsp. BareOrganics Coconut Oil
1/4 cup BareOrganics Cocoa Powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls and store in the refrigerator.
Greek Yogurt with Fresh Berries
½ cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup blueberries (or your favorite berry)
agave nectar (or another natural sweetener) to taste
A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Scoop the Greek yogurt into a bowl or small jar and pour berries on top.
- Add a dash of agave nectar to taste and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
½ cup your favorite fresh berries
½ frozen banana
¼ cup apple juice
½ tsp. stevia powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Chia Seed Pudding
½ cup your favorite berry or other fruit
3 tbsp. BareOrganics Chia Seeds
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut shreds
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl or jar and stir until well combined. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge, stir if desired, and enjoy!
2 tsp. BareOrganics Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Test each of the three eyes at stem end of coconut to see which is the softest. Then use an ice pick (or a screwdriver) and a hammer to pierce two of the eyes. Strain water through a fine sieve into a bowl; reserve for another use.
- Place coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; bake for 30 minutes, or until coconut shell begins to crack. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Wrap coconut in a clean kitchen towel; holding coconut with one hand, hit it with a hammer in the same place several times to crack the outer shell and split the coconut into several large pieces.
- Separate coconut flesh from shell, and use a vegetable peeler to remove the dark outer skin, if desired. Rinse and dry coconut. Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, remove strips from edges.
- Toss coconut strips in coconut oil and season with salt.
- Divide coconut strips between 2 rimmed baking sheets in a single layer. Bake until toasted, about 10 minutes.
Spice Up Your Healthy Snacks With BareOrganics!
BareOrganics Superfoods are our favorite way to add a dash of additional nutrients to our favorite recipes!
The best thing about them is that they are USDA Certified Organic, Natural, Chemical-Free and Non-GMO. They are raw, whole food sources with unique micro and macronutrients to help you feel your best each day!