Lovely Meals Lately: December 2021
Woah. It’s been almost four months since I wrote a Lovely Meals post. And so much has happened!
I got into a car accident and broke my arm at the end of September. It was two days before we were supposed to take the honeymoon we’d planned. It was a bummer, but the hardest part by far was not being able to take care of my sweet baby boy.
My mental health has had its ups and downs, to put it lightly. My identity has shifted in a major way and I’m not quite sure how to deal with next steps about my career, my anxiety, and beyond. A lot of things feel different and uncertain, like I’m not in a rhythm. I’m working on being present, getting therapy, and not letting the past or the future rob me of joy now.
Max is 11 months old and I cannot believe it! Last year at this time I was living in the hospital praying I’d deliver my sweet baby safely.
Luckily our friends through us a little backyard party to celebrate our marriage for some much needed joy! It was magical, cast and all.
I hope you’re all enjoying this holiday season and staying healthy! My plan is to pop in and share these posts monthly. I love connecting with you all here, so please leave a comment and let me know what’s lovely in your life lately. I appreciate you being here! Make sure to subscribe to keep up with all the things if you haven’t already.
I haven’t taken a ton of food photos these days, like alllll the holiday cookies we’ve been devouring, but I hope you leave feeling a wee bit more inspired than when you came. Cozy up with a mug of my favorite hot cocoa and let’s do this!
Meal and snack inspiration
Buddha bowls with a peanut sauce I could bathe in!
The most delish gingerbread as muffins instead of a loaf! I baked them at 350F for
The dreamiest taco night with freshly grated Tilamook cheddar. Does it get any better?
Chocolate peanut bake peanut butter bars are quite possibly the best snack of all time.
We’ve been SO into stovetop popcorn with coconut oil and salt! I do half a cup of kernals and 2 tbsp oil. Bless!
One of my favorite meals I posted in 2021 was definitely this butternut squash and goat cheese pasta. I’m making it again next week!
I can’t lie….ravioli is a staple for us. It’s something I always hav in the fridge for an easy dinner! This one from Trader Joe’s is fab. I’m also really into Rana lobster ravioli.
I made two batches of peanut butter blossoms last week. They’re Jeff’s fave! A reader sent me this pic and I’m obsessed.
Blueberry waffles with scrambled eggs for a slow weekend brunch. Lately we’re loving this waffle recipe!
Super comforting lasagna soup for soup Sunday. We always do soup and sandwiches for lunch!
Tuna melts with yummy cheddar. Pair it with salt and vinegar chips plus Grillo’s pickles and you’re in business!
Instant pot lentil soup with avocado toast. Winter wonderland!
Sushi night! Plus some cookies because…duh.
Things I’m Loving Lately
- The song “Dive In” by East Forest. Ahhh….tranquility.
- A friend gifted me this fanny pack and I just bought it for another friend! It’s SO convenient for keeping track of my phone, wallet and keys. I love throwing it on to run errands, for workout classes, and walks.
- My favorite Madewell vintage jeans are an xtra 40% off ($53 from $135!) You must.
- My talented friend Allie recently self-published a magical hardcover book full of her illustrations as a reminder to be here now. I ordered “Jo!”
- This bunting bag for the stroller is just what we needed for cozy winter walks with Max.
- I grabbed this adorable teddy camo jacket as a little “congrats on your arm healing” gift for myself, ha!
- The best shacket I ever did wear. I have it in plaid but this color is everything!