Lovely Meals Lately: Week of 07-27-2021
This dude is over six months old! I truly cannot believe how time fast is flying with my little bestie. We’re looking for a new nanny to start mid-August if anyone has a trusted friend in Columbus that loves babies!
Onto the eats.
Lovely Meals and Snacks Lately
My oatmeal raisin cookies are a new fave! Whenever I have a couple ripe nanners and need a quick snack, these are my go-to.
We needed a quick lunch on Saturday and chickpea tuna salad sounded easy enough, right? I used my tuna salad for inspo but did a bunch of chopped pickle instead of sauerkraut. I’ll post a recipe soon!
Lately I’ve been adding frozen strawberries and I love the flavor. I’ve also been adding a dropper full of ashwagandha to help ease my anxiety.
Baba and grape leaves from Pita Hut for a fab midday snack.
We started off our weekend in Chicago with ‘za from Home Slice!
Salmon from our CSA with green beans, zucchini fritters (I used a couple recipes for inspo, added dill!) and sweet corn on the cob.
These nut butter bars have been a nice change of pace when I want to grab a bar! Delish with some cold brew + oat milk.
Fajita night, baby! We’re obsessed with Tortilla Land’s fresh flour tortillas in the refrigerated section. They cook right before your eyes!!
THE fluffiest chocolate croissant in all the land on my way to the airport.
What’s dinner without my vegan lasagna? Garlic bread and salad on the side!
Things I’m Loving Lately
- White Lotus. A bunch of your recommended this quirky, funny HBO miniseries after I posted my TV show recommendations. We’re digging it!
- Man’s Search for Meaning and Learned Optimism are two books I want to read with Jeff. I typically just read for pleasure; but I’ve heard several people I respect professionally cite these as books that’ve changed how they live their lives.
- Looking Up podcast with Dr. Deepika Chopra. I like being exposed to new schools of thought and uplifting content on a regular basis. I always want to be working on myself, and this podcast is invigorating! This episode was a good one.
- This quote: “Just because someone is fueled by drama doesn’t mean you have to attend the performance.”
- Love these waterproof Chelsea boots on sale for $59. Super comfy PJs on sale for $29! And a beautiful, timeless boot you’ll wear all fall long.
Have the best week!