Recipe: Garden fresh homemade guacamole
Homemade guacamole. Is there anything quite as satisfying? I’m not sure. Something about the creamy avocado, the burst of flavor from the tomatoes, and the simple spices to give a little kick… it’s just so satisfying.
This easy homemade guacamole recipe is great for dips, tacos, fajitas, or even on a sandwich. Be sure to use the freshest ingredients possible. Locally grown is always best for nutrition and the environment. But let’s be honest, sometimes you want some homemade guacamole in the middle of winter. That’s when I’m thankful for my local health food store where I can buy organic ingredients that are free from pesticides and GMOs.
- 2 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Scoop out the avocado into a bowl, pour in lime juice, and toss to coat.
- Drain out the excess lime juice and reserve it for later.
- Add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and then mash all together using a potato masher.
- Fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.
Photography by Jennifer Leung Johnson
SIGN UP FOR FREE UPDATES, OFFERS, & TIPS.
Plus I’ll send you a free copy of “Your Simply Healthy Handbook.” It’s your #1 resource to make healthy living easy.