Themes of Summer
Here’s a post about the themes of our 2021 summer so far: cake, pools, games, summer veggies & dogs!
I could not resist getting more cakes from Caked Up Cville!
There were three flavors:
- Cinnamon Biscoff Cookie Butter
- Burfday Cake with Moonrocks
- Oreo Chocolate
OMG they were so good. Clearly I couldn’t wait to have a bite of the Biscoff! If you look really carefully in the sun you’ll see glitter on top. (Assuming it’s edible glitter!)
Fresh Summery Meals
When we were eating cake, we’ve been eating so many fresh summer meals! Summer fruits and vegetables are my favorite of the whole year.
Salsa Verde Shrimp
via Blue Apron
Egg, Banana, Raspberries
Whenever my meals look scant, it’s probably because I paired them with kid food! This day I ate some of Birch’s rejected whole grain waffle too.
Chicken with Orzo, Tomatoes, Peppers, and Spinach
also via BA!
All the Leftovers for Lunch
The grilled sweet potato wedges were the highlight!
Egg Salad at the river!
Blue Apron Turkey Meatloaf
with roasted potatoes and green beans
with hummus, dill havarti, pickles, spinach, turkey and chips.
Bodos Bagel and salad
Split halvies with Thomas
Bodos for Breakfast
Plain and honey pecan cream cheese!
Yogurt, Berries, Granola!
And Kodiak Pancakes with Cherries
Canned Wine Reviews
I also teased on Instagram that I’m working on a big review post of a bunch of canned wines. The criteria has to be still (not sparkling) and a “regular” wine (not a fruity / seltzer / mixer thing). I found all of the wines I’m trying at Whole Foods. Leave more recs in the comments!
So far these two have both gotten big thumbs up!!!
She Can Rose was great. I really want to try their Sauv Blanc too!
Dear Mom Wines red – a syrah that I LOVED! They also win for cutest cans.
Thomas and I have been playing board games on the porch in the evenings! Our favorites are the Cville-created Chickapig.
And new favorite – Splendor!
Birch is now into bocce!
The BEST kids book of all time
This is my very favorite book! It’s all about business without actually reading any potty words. The language is so funny!
Jet Setting: New Set from Beautycounter
Beautycounter just launched a TSA-approved version of my favorite anti-aging skincare line, Countertime. It comes in a cute pouch!
Who is the Countertime Carry-On Set for?
- The petite set of Countertime is perfect for those who want to try a smaller supply before buying the full regimen or those who need a refillable petite set to take when you travel.
- It’s a great way to take this line for a test drive. Then if you want to invest in the whole line you can refill these for on-the-go.
- I will be buying this as an investment for the long term because while they obviously come full of product, the bottles are REFILLABLE!
- Countertime is ideal for normal, dry, and mature skin types and is not recommended for those with very oily or acne-prone skin. It can be used with sensitive skin (in fact, many have said this is the only anti-aging line they can use!) but spot test first. Remember we have an awesome 60-day return policy if you try it and it’s not a great fit.
Check it out here.
Pool & Dog Dayz of Summer